Keeping food miles to a minimum is an important contribution we can make to our bodies, our community and our planet. Because of this, LCO+ has a "local first" sourcing policy. We take pride in providing our customers with the freshest food possible--sometimes picked the day of delivery. In addition to our extraordinary line of organic produce we also offer other quality products that you use everyday. Some reasons to consider when choosing our service:
- Food tastes better and can be picked at its peak of ripeness.
- Food nutrition is greater the sooner it is eaten.
- Local food supports our local community. Food dollars stay in our region and circulate.
- Local food builds community. Getting to know the producer of your food was a time-valued tradition that is regaining popularity.
- Local food benefits the environment. Smaller, local farms are less likely to mono-crop, which leads to an out-of-balance environment. Organic practices are more likely to foster wildlife habitat and less likely to damage our ecosystem.
- Less miles from farm to fork reduces the C02 emissions, emissions that contribute to global warming.
- Reduces the cost of transport resulting in lower prices and more of that price can go to the producer.
- Supports genetic diversity. Small farms are more concerned about flavor and can foster small scale heirloom varieties that cannot withstand industrial agriculture's practices, including mono-cropping and selecting varieties that ship and pack well.
In order to have home delivery your order must be a minimum of $35 which includes a $5 delivery fee. If you
choose to pick up your produce box we have several drop points around Clear Lake which are:
* Middletown Area- Lovies Garden Supply in Middletown (Noon - 5:30)
21373 CA-175 - Middletown, CA 95461
* Lower Lake Area- Barreda's Feed Store (1:30 - 5:30)
16345 Main Street, Lower Lake, CA 95457
* Clearlake Area- Clearlake Chamber of Commerce (1:30 - 4:00)
14295 Lakeshore Drive, Clearlake, CA 95422
* Clearlake Oakes Area- Health Solutions (2:00 - 4:30)
13300 East Hywy 20 #20, Clearlake Oakes, CA 95423
* Riviera, Buckingham, Soda Bay Area- Common Grounds Coffee House (3:00 - 4:00)
9730 Soda Bay Road
* Hidden Valley Lake- Home of Val and Veronica Rasmussen (in breezeway) (1:00 - 8:00)
19464 Picture Point Court, HVL, CA 95467
If you live in the areas of Lakeport, Kelseyville, Cobb, Anderson Springs we only offer home delivery. We currently
DO NOT deliver to the Upper Lake area. Home deliveries are available in all other areas.